Rules and Regulations
Students taking part in the BCA Summer Science Programs are expected to follow all of the following rules. Additional rules may be provided to students by their mentor at the begining of the program.
- It is the responsibility of each student's family to provide transportation to and from campus.
- Each student should bring their own lunch.
- Approximately 45 minutes will be available each day for a lunch break. The rules of the school year are still in effect.
- Under no circumstances will a student be allowed to leave the campus between 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, which means that no food may be purchased at lunch time.
- Early Departure
- On the rare occasion that a student needs to leave early, a signed note from their parent or guardian is required, and the person picking up the student must come to the lab at which time legal responsibility for the student can be transferred.
- Students will be dismissed by the mentor at 2:00 PM. Students are not to remain in the building unsupervised after this time.
- Telephone calls in or out of the lab should be kept to a minimum. The behavior of each student is expected to be professional; professionals do not continually text message or call their friends.
- Personal Music
- The use of any devices for the playing of music is not allowed within the laboratory. For safety, each person working in the lab should be alert at all times.
- Food and Beverage
- No food or beverages may be consumed in the laboratory, except as instructed by the mentor.
- It is a requirement that all students wear closed toed shoes while working in the labs. Therefore, sandals, flipflops, etc, are not acceptable.